PPMA Seminars and Training Programme
**NEW** CE AUDIT
When purchasing new machinery, it is important to ensure that it meets all of the legal requirements, is CE marked correctly and is safe.
This seminar is aimed at people purchasing machinery, as well as manufacturers, to guide them as to what information is reasonable to share. It will explain what to check in a Technical File, and what documentation is required.
**NEW** INTRODUCTION to OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
In this one-day introduction we will look at a variety of tools to make improvements and efficiency in business and discuss how they help businesses to remain competitive.
- PDCA - (plan, do, check, act) a circular four–step model for carrying out change that should be continually repeated for continuous improvement.
- Eight Disciplines (8Ds) - A problem-solving method used to resolve issues by identifying, correcting and eliminating recurring problems.
- Learn Six Sigma - A complimentary discipline where waste is identified and removed from a system to improve the process flow and where variation is lowered in a process to reduce the number of defects and ultimately improve customer satisfaction
- Our training will be interactive and involve team exercises
Is your company fully conversant with the current Machinery Directive?
- Partially complete machines
- Application to modified machinery
- Application to assemblies of machines
- Changes to Health & Safety requirements
- Changes to ISO and European standards linked to the Machinery Directive
- New conformity assessment procedures
- Technical file compositions
- New declarations of Conformity and Incorporation
MACHINERY RISK ASSESSMENT
Are you undertaking Risk Assessments correctly? Are you putting your company at Risk?
- Background to Machinery Safety
- How Machinery Safety fits into the Health & Safety framework
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER)
- Risk Assessment Methods
- BS EN ISO 12100:2010
- Typical Hazards
- Practical Risk Assessments
This one-day seminar provides an overview of the changes and the regulations.
- Overview of CE and PUWER with respect to guarding
- Introduction to EN Standards
- Safety Related Control Systems
- EN 953
- EN ISO 13855
- EN ISO 13857
- EN ISO 10218-2
This one-day seminar provides an overview of the Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
- The need for Risk Assessment
- Regulation 6: Inspection
- Regulation 10: Conformity with Community Requirements
- Regulations 11-24 in detail;
- An introduction to ‘Functional Safety’
- User Requirement Specification
ROBOTIC SAFETY for INTEGRATORS
This one day seminar is aimed at companies using, purchasing, designing and manufacturing machines incorporating industrial robots.
- ’CE’ Marking
- BS EN ISO 10218 - Parts 1 & 2
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Assessment & Risk Reduction
- Safety & Safeguarding
- Safety Requirements & Safety Related Control Systems
This one-day seminar provides an overview of the standards and how to apply them.
- EN ISO 13849-1
- Identify Safety Functions
- Define Performance Level
- Architecture and Categories
- Mean Time to failure
- Diagnostic Coverage
- Common Cause Failures
- Case Study
The past three years have seen the introduction of a series of key Directives and revisions to Directives and Regulations that affect machinery suppliers and users and so this year’s seminar and training course programme gives both users and suppliers an opportunity to catch up on the changes, understand how they are being implemented in the UK and to see what is in store for the future.
Who Should Attend?
For nearly 20 years the Processing and Packaging Machinery Association has been applying its involvement in both technical and regulatory matters, as they develop, to the benefit of education and training within the industry. This makes available not only the pool of in-depth knowledge built up within the Association itself, but reflects also the strong links now enjoyed with research and academic establishments and constructive relationships with UK government and EU regulators.
These Courses can be presented exclusively for your organisation on an in-company basis, tailored to suit your specific needs. Contact the PPMA Events Department for details 020 8773 8111 or email: email@example.com
PPMA & BBA join together to offer Exciting New Training Opportunites
As a direct result of the popularity of the PPMA seminars, we have decided to extend our 2016 portfolio of seminars which include:
**NEW** Managing Workplace Performance
This one-day course will aid Line Managers who have performance management responsibilities (evaluating others’ work) and need to help people achieve their potential (development / improvement of performance).
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the link between ‘Effective Performance Management’ & business results.
- Identify what ‘Performance Management’ is and the Manager role setting SMART & Behavioural Objectives and Goals (linked to business performance)
- Explain the business benefits for appraisal meetings and how to create development plans
- Identify how to use a GAP analysis on an individual performance
- Explain how to use a ‘Performance Improvement Plan’
- Understand a tool for giving effective developmental feedback
Better Communication Skills at Work
This one-day course will help you to develop your communication skills to achieve a positive outcome and results for all. It will focus on how to apply questioning and listening techniques in order to communicate with greater effect in the workplace.
Dealing with Difficult People
This one-day course offers an insightful, useful and practical guide on how to manage the difficult people and situations that you are likely to face in the workplace. We aim to help you develop a more confident approach when dealing with these people and situations by showing you key skills, tools and techniques to handle them effectively.
HR for Non-HR Managers
This training course will help you to:
- Identify the HR role and responsibilities of a modern Manager
- Develop a clear understanding of the current employment legislation (an overview of the Equality Act 2010) and the protected characteristics
- Identify what ‘discrimination in the workplace’ actually means
- Develop practical solutions on how to deal with absence issues
- Understand how to handle and resolve grievances positively (using the ACAS Guidelines)
- Identify when and where disciplinary action is necessary (using the ACAS Guidelines)
Introduction to Project Management
This practical course offers essential and effective skills, tools and techniques required by those who have; never been trained in running a project, are working in a project support office, or are new to the role of project manager.
British Brands Group
The British Brands Group provides a training course for direct suppliers to supermarkets on the Groceries Supply Code of Practice (GSCOP) and Groceries Code Adjudicator (GCA). Tailored to general managers, commercial and sales directors, key account managers, regulatory and support staff involved in day-to-day trading.
Course location and dates:
PPMA members receive a 30% discount by stating they are members in the ‘special requirements’ box. Click register to read more about the training courses.