PPMA Seminars and Training Programme
Is your company fully conversant with the current Machinery Directive?
- Partially complete machines
- Application to modified machinery
- Application to assemblies of machines
- Changes to Health & Safety requirements
- Changes to ISO and European standards linked to the Machinery Directive
- New conformity assessment procedures
- Technical file compositions
- New declarations of Conformity and Incorporation
MACHINERY RISK ASSESSMENT
Are you undertaking Risk Assessments correctly? Are you putting your company at Risk?
- Background to Machinery Safety
- How Machinery Safety fits into the Health & Safety framework
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER)
- Risk Assessment Methods
- BS EN ISO 12100:2010
- Typical Hazards
- Practical Risk Assessments
This one-day seminar provides an overview of the changes and the regulations.
- Overview of CE and PUWER with respect to guarding
- Introduction to EN Standards
- Safety Related Control Systems
- EN 953
- EN ISO 13855
- EN ISO 13857
- EN ISO 10218-2
This one-day seminar provides an overview of the Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
- The need for Risk Assessment
- Regulation 6: Inspection
- Regulation 10: Conformity with Community Requirements
- Regulations 11-24 in detail;
- An introduction to ‘Functional Safety’
- User Requirement Specification
ROBOTIC SAFETY for INTEGRATORS
This one day seminar is aimed at companies using, purchasing, designing and manufacturing machines incorporating industrial robots.
- ’CE’ Marking
- BS EN ISO 10218 - Parts 1 & 2
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Assessment & Risk Reduction
- Safety & Safeguarding
- Safety Requirements & Safety Related Control Systems
This one-day seminar provides an overview of the standards and how to apply them.
- EN ISO 13849-1
- Identify Safety Functions
- Define Performance Level
- Architecture and Categories
- Mean Time to failure
- Diagnostic Coverage
- Common Cause Failures
- Case Study
The past three years have seen the introduction of a series of key Directives and revisions to Directives and Regulations that affect machinery suppliers and users and so this year’s seminar and training course programme gives both users and suppliers an opportunity to catch up on the changes, understand how they are being implemented in the UK and to see what is in store for the future.
Who Should Attend?
For nearly 20 years the Processing and Packaging Machinery Association has been applying its involvement in both technical and regulatory matters, as they develop, to the benefit of education and training within the industry. This makes available not only the pool of in-depth knowledge built up within the Association itself, but reflects also the strong links now enjoyed with research and academic establishments and constructive relationships with UK government and EU regulators.
These Courses can be presented exclusively for your organisation on an in-company basis, tailored to suit your specific needs. Contact the PPMA Events Department for details 020 8773 8111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PPMA & BBA join together to offer Exciting New Training Opportunites
As a direct result of the popularity of the PPMA seminars, we have decided to extend our 2016 portfolio of seminars which include:
Better Communication Skills at Work
This one-day course will help you to develop your communication skills to achieve a positive outcome and results for all. It will focus on how to apply questioning and listening techniques in order to communicate with greater effect in the workplace.
HR for Non-HR Managers
This training course will help you to:
- Identify the HR role and responsibilities of a modern Manager
- Develop a clear understanding of the current employment legislation (an overview of the Equality Act 2010) and the protected characteristics
- Identify what ‘discrimination in the workplace’ actually means
- Develop practical solutions on how to deal with absence issues
- Understand how to handle and resolve grievances positively (using the ACAS Guidelines)
- Identify when and where disciplinary action is necessary (using the ACAS Guidelines)
Dealing with Difficult People
This one-day course offers an insightful, useful and practical guide on how to manage the difficult people and situations that you are likely to face in the workplace. We aim to help you develop a more confident approach when dealing with these people and situations by showing you key skills, tools and techniques to handle them effectively.
Introduction to Project Management
This practical course offers essential and effective skills, tools and techniques required by those who have; never been trained in running a project, are working in a project support office, or are new to the role of project manager.
British Brands Group
The British Brands Group provides a training course for direct suppliers to supermarkets on the Groceries Supply Code of Practice (GSCOP) and Groceries Code Adjudicator (GCA). Tailored to general managers, commercial and sales directors, key account managers, regulatory and support staff involved in day-to-day trading.
Course location and dates:
PPMA members receive a 30% discount by stating they are members in the ‘special requirements’ box. Click register to read more about the training courses.