This course is delivered online through virtual classroom setting, in Partnership with TUV SUD.
The aim of this course is to introduce and give delegates an overview of the EN 60204-1 standard in order to understand its requirements and the application of electrical, electronic and programmable electronic equipment and systems to ensure the electrical safety of machinery in industrial installations.
EN 60204-1 Safety of Machinery: Electrical Equipment of Machines sets out the requirements for electrical equipment of machines to ensure that people using the machine are safe, control responses of the machine are consistent, and that the machine may easily be maintained throughout its lifetime.
TÜV SÜD has achieved CPD accreditation for this course. This represents that the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks. This CPD accredited training course allow professionals to use the learning time towards individual CPD requirements.
This is a one day course to introduce the standard and its requirements to delegates. There will be one presenter, and the course is run in a participative manner where interaction between the presenter and the delegate is encouraged. At the end of the course there will be a session on identification of non compliances to the standard from actual machine / system photographic examples.
- CE marking and the EU directives applicable to machinery
- Why we use standards and the different types of standards.
- EMC requirements
- Control device selection
- Electrical isolation, termination and wiring
- Protection against electric shock
- Control circuits, control devices, and control functions
- Control gear location and mounting
- Wiring practice
- Equipment marking
- Technical documentation for equipment
- Testing and verification
At the end of the course, delegates will:
- Understand why the use of the standard is important for safety, and to assist in compliance with CE marking requirements and PUWER assessments.
- Understand the scope of electrical equipment to which the standard applies.
- Be aware of the general and specific standard requirements to ensure the protection of those using the system, and also the machine itself.
- Learn the specific requirements of control functions, control devices, control gear etc. taking into account operator interface with the machine to prevent inadvertent operation.
- Know the test and technical documentation requirements to verify that the machine or assembly of machines complies with the standard.
Delegates should have some level of basic electrical qualification as a minimum, or be multi-skilled technicians. Those who are involved in panel design, panel build, and especially those people in involved in electrical maintenance, and electrical control system or machinery refurbishment and upgrade, as well as industrial electrical system installers will benefit from the course.
Benefits of Attending:
The course would suit anyone with some form of basic electrical knowledge, and it has been designed to give an introduction and simple overview of the key aspects of the EN 60204-1. This will allow anyone are involved in panel design, panel build, and especially those people in involved in electrical maintenance, and electrical control system or machinery refurbishment and upgrade, as well as industrial electrical systems installers to build or refurbish machinery control systems and panels to a level that meets the standard.