This is a home based - field sales position covering Scotland selling a wide variety of food (poultry, fish, meat, vegetable) processing machinery to medium sized food manufacturing companies.
Managing medium length time frames (3-4 months) and order values around £80,000, you will be focussing on new business development, building relationships with clients using a traditional "Features / Benefits / Close" approach to identify a need - sell against that need - and close for the deal.
Well supported by a strong internal engineering team, you will be negotiating at all levels (from shop floor engineers to presenting at board level).
· You'll plan your 'sales loops' to book appointments with 3-4 clients per day across Scotland -incorporating demonstrations with prospective clients.
· You will demonstrate commercial intelligence to best spend your time / resources and target sectors where the business has success and a track record. You will leverage these successes to open new accounts.
· There will be some staying away from home - up to 2-3 nights per week depending on that week's sales loop.
· You're an experienced, commercially smart and driven new business developer - currently selling an industrial product (capital equipment / components) or engineering service
· You're a classic "Features / Benefits / Close" sales professional. Not afraid to knock on doors, identify a need and sell against it
· You can efficiently plan a route, identify the best prospects and close for an order
Business Development Manager
Walllace Hind Selection, Scotland Closing date: 27 May 2021
- Basic Salary : £35-45k + Personal Bonus (£10k) + Fully Expensed Company Car + Daily Meal Allowance