Edmund Optics® is a leading manufacturer and supplier of optics, imaging, and photonics technology. Edmund Optics' state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities combined with its global distribution network has earned it the position of the world's largest supplier of off-the-shelf optical components. Supporting numerous markets around the globe, including advanced diagnostics, semiconductor & electronics, machine vision, automation, and R&D; Edmund Optics products are used in a variety of applications ranging from DNA sequencing to retinal eye scanning to high-speed factory automation.
Edmund Optics Europe, a US owned-group consisting of Edmund Optics Ltd in the UK and Edmund Optics GmbH in Germany, is responsible for sales, marketing, distribution, and application support for a wide product range throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Europe is one of the main growth markets for Edmund Optics globally, leading to a rapidly expanding and developing local team.
The Order Entry & Customer Service Advisors based in the UK at Edmund Optics Ltd are a dynamic, diverse, and international young team from a wide range of backgrounds and disciplines working together to meet the needs of our customers.
As part of our European Customer Service Team, you will be responsible for customer facing and supporting activities such as processing customer’s orders and returns, account creation, credit checking, booking in goods, and providing telephone, fax, and e-mail support to our customers. This support includes responding to general queries, issuing quotations and providing information on existing orders.
- Processing orders using SAP
- Providing quotations for standard and custom optics
- Booking in goods and expediting purchase orders
- Providing customer service support via email and telephone
- Communicate actively with the Sales, Supply chain and Finance functions, providing feedback where appropriate
- Follow up customer and internal queries in a timely manner
- Ensure customers’ satisfaction
- University degree or equivalent
- Customer service experience
- Fluent level in English, both written and spoken
- Fluency in any other European language, especially German, is beneficial
- Good computer literacy and ability to learn new systems (ideally experience with SAP)
- Professional demeanour
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Precision and attention to detail
- Team Player: Willingness to assist with other departments when needed
- Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- Strong self-organization skills – able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
What we offer:
A versatile and challenging position alongside a highly competitive employment package within our dynamic and successful corporation in a growing and future-proof industry. You will have the opportunity to work with highly motivated, self-driven and open-minded people with a great team spirit, and can expect extensive training programs and internal development opportunities.
Edmund Optics provides a range of employee benefits alongside the salary package including company pension scheme, private medical & dental insurance, and subsidised gym membership. The workplace will be in York, UK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or identity and disability.
Order Entry & Customer Service Advisor (f/m/d)
Edmund Optics, Yorkshire and the Humber Closing date: 1 Nov 2022
- Basic salary: £28k + 10% bonus + company pension scheme + private health insurance + private medical insurance + denplan + life insurance + subsidized gym membership + “Cycle to work” scheme