Edmund Optics® is a leading manufacturer and supplier of optics, imaging, and photonics technology. Edmund Optics' state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities combined with its global distribution network has earned it the position of the world's largest supplier of off-the-shelf optical components. Supporting numerous markets around the globe, including advanced diagnostics, semiconductor & electronics, machine vision, automation, and R&D; Edmund Optics' products are used in a variety of applications ranging from DNA sequencing to retinal eye scanning to high-speed factory automation.
Edmund Optics Europe, a US owned-group consisting of Edmund Optics Ltd in the UK and Edmund Optics GmbH in Germany, is responsible for sales, marketing, distribution, and application support for a wide product range throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Europe is one of the main growth markets for Edmund Optics globally, leading to a rapidly expanding and developing local team.
The Sales and Applications Engineers based in the UK at Edmund Optics Ltd are a dynamic, diverse, and international young team from a wide range of backgrounds and disciplines working together to meet the needs of our customers.
As part of Edmund Optics’ industry-leading customer support team, the Sales & Applications Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance to our European customers, as well as working in a regionally-focused sales team. Specific tasks include responding to technical inquiries, assisting with product selection for specific applications, basic account management, and handling of OEM opportunities including price calculation and negotiations. It is an internal technical sales position, with occasional travelling to other Edmund Optics sites, trade shows, and customers.
The role also offers opportunities to participate in side projects, such as writing articles for Edmund Optics' publications and industry magazines, or designing and building demonstration setups for trade shows to showcase Edmund Optics' products and capabilities.
- Responding to technical queries and providing technical information
- Assisting customers with product selection
- Handling incoming customer inquiries for modified or custom optics
- Supporting customers and liaising with other departments across global offices
- Participating in projects to support Marketing & Sales
- University degree in a Science or Engineering subject
- Fluent in English and French or German, both written and spoken
- High-level proficiency with MS Office programs
- Professional demeanour and communication
- Responsive, solution- and action-oriented mindset
- Skills in analyzing data & information
What we offer:
A versatile and challenging position alongside a highly competitive employment package within our dynamic and successful corporation in a growing and future-proof industry. You will have the opportunity to work with highly motivated, self-driven and open-minded people with a great team spirit, and can expect extensive training programs and internal development opportunities.
Edmund Optics provides a range of employee benefits alongside the salary package including company pension scheme, private medical & dental insurance, and subsidised gym membership. The workplace will be in York, UK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or identity and disability.
Sales and Applications Engineer - English plus French or German speaking (f/m/d)
Edmund Optics, Yorkshire and the Humber Closing date: 1 Nov 2022
- Basic salary: £33-35k + 10% bonus + company pension scheme + private health insurance + private medical insurance + denplan + life insurance + subsidized gym membership + “Cycle to work” scheme