Krones UK has an exciting opportunity for a field based Service Project Manager. Our successful candidate must be truly customer centred. This position will play a key part in supporting us to deliver an exceptional service to our customers, who are at the heart of everything we do.
A primary focus of the role is to manage New Machine and some LCS projects from a site based location, overseeing the installation, commissioning and acceptance phases of the project. This includes full ownership of site, coordination of subcontractors, 3rd party engineers and our own Krones Service resources to ensure timely execution of the project. Particular focus will be required to manage customer expectations, holding regular site meetings and building relationships with them so as to deliver customer satisfaction, timely completion and a quality installation. Commercial awareness, resource management, customer focus, internal reporting and complaint management are all key attributes in this role to delivery successful projects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with scope to develop commercial skills and broaden their career prospects within Krones.
• To control and coordinate the installation, commissioning and validation of Krones standard equipment is done within the prescribed time, taking into account the quality, budget and resources availability
• To manage and guide employees (Krones and subcontracted) who are allocated on the sites under his/her responsibility, coordinating and monitoring their activities during the whole assigned project
• To communicate and negotiate with the customer and the subcontractor regarding not only planning and site management but also the clarification of technical problems or issues (escalation)
• To comply with labour safety policies and actions on site (Health, Safety and Environment topics)
• To act as the authorised representative on the customer site, making sure that all relevant specifications on the site are adherent to, law, policies and guidelines (working hours etc.)
• To commercially manage the correct allocation of resources, as and when required
• To complete and distribute the on-site report on a weekly basis
• To raise and manage reclamations ensuring they are closed in a timely manner and engineers allocate their time correctly to each complaint
• To ensure that all Quality Documentation is complete for the machines installed
• To control and report accidents and problems on site
• To be responsible for the commitment and dedication of the work force on site (in coordination with Project Managers), as well as to assess and confirm the performance of the employees
Desired Skills and Expertise:
• Experience within the Beverage, food, or associated industries preferable
• Previous roles involving the medium to high speed packaging machinery capital sales market
• Engineering/Technical Degree Qualified, or equivalent experience
• Project management experience in a high pressure environment advantageous.
• Commercially astute with excellent budget control skills.
• An understanding of contractual forms and requirements (MF1 model form an advantage).
• Able to present Krones and its products at senior customer levels.
• Good level of computer literacy, having used MS office, but also with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Use of SAP ERP and CRM systems
• The ability to work independently and take on full project responsibility, whilst also performing within a closely-knit team.
• Comfortable to travel across the UK and stay away from home on a weekly basis
• Living in the UK and eligible to work
Site Project Manager
Krones UK Ltd, National (UK wide) Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
- Competitive salary: 25 days annual leave + Stat: Company car: Private medical insurance: Company pension scheme: