Edmund Optics® is a leading manufacturer of optics, imaging, and photonics components supporting numerous markets around the globe, including advanced diagnostics, semiconductor & electronics, machine vision, automation, R&D, and safety & security.
Edmund Optics Europe, a US owned-group consisting of Edmund Optics GmbH in Germany and Edmund Optics Ltd in the UK, is responsible for sales, marketing, distribution, engineering and application support for a wide product range throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Europe is one of the main growth markets for Edmund Optics globally, leading to a rapidly expanding and developing local team.
The Supply Chain Department based in the UK at Edmund Optics Ltd is a small, dynamic team, working together to meet the needs of our customers.
- Provide support to the Supply Chain Team based in York, UK
- Process the custom product orders being manufactured at our German facility
- Utilise our ERP system, SAP, to make sure orders and parts are set up correctly, and processed efficiently
- Manage the progress of the orders, and liaise with the manufacturing plant to ensure on time deliveries with the customer
- Additional duties over time will be to
... Learn the supply chain routes with other manufacturing plants across the world
... Liaise with Third Party suppliers throughout Europe
... Monitor and maintain purchasing routes with the main distribution centre in New Jersey, USA
... Help to maintain the correct stocking levels at the European warehouse, and assist with the day to day running of this facility
- Commercial education or relevant working experience in the fields of purchasing, order processing, customer service or supply chain management
- Previous experience working in a supply chain environment would be an advantage
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Fluency in German is beneficial, but not essential
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems, nice to have: SAP, MS Dynamics CRM
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a small team
- Customer focused
- Willingness to be flexible and support different departments, if needed
What we offer:
A versatile and challenging position alongside a competitive employment package within our dynamic and successful corporation in a growing and future-proof industry. You will have the opportunity to work with passionate, highly motivated, self-driven and open-minded colleagues with a great team spirit, and can expect extensive training programs and internal development opportunities.
Edmund Optics provides a range of employee benefits alongside the salary package including company pension scheme, group accident insurance, and subsidized gym membership.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or identity and disability.
Supply Chain Assistant (f/m/d)
Edmund Optics, Yorkshire and the Humber Closing date: 1 Nov 2022
- Basic salary: £25-30k + 10% bonus + company pension scheme + private health insurance + private medical insurance + denplan + life insurance + subsidized gym membership + “Cycle to work” scheme