Campden BRI provides practical scientific, technical, legislative and information support to the food, drink and allied industries (including brewing and alcoholic drinks). It is membership based and works closely with its members to ensure the industrial relevance of its services. These are underpinned by a strong programme of research and development and include analysis and testing, product innovation, process validation, consultancy, auditing and training. Many of its service activities are independently accredited and can be tailored to meet specific client needs. It also publishes leading industry guidance on best practice and legislation. Its areas of expertise cover:
* Manufacturing technologies - food processing (heating, chilling, freezing), aseptic technology, microwave heating, malting and brewing, milling, baking and extrusion technology, process control and instrumentation, and packaging technology
* Safety assurance - including hygiene and sanitation, microbiology and preservation, processing technologies, analysis and testing (microbiological, chemical), and quality and safety management.
* Product development and quality, consumer studies, market insights, sensory science, authenticity testing, shelf-life evaluation, labelling and legislation.
* Agri-food production, ingredients, raw material technology.
* Underpinning science - cereal science, microbiology, chemistry and biochemistry, molecular biology.
Its extensive infrastructure of facilities include:
* Around 3,000 sq m of laboratories for food and drink microbiology, hygiene, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, brewing and cereal science, sensory and consumer studies, and packaging technology.
* Around 3,500 sq m of food process hall and pilot plant facilities including malting and brewing, retorting, chilling, milling, baking, hygiene and packaging.
* 800 sq m of dedicated training and conference facilities.
Campden BRI has a subsidiary in Budapest, Hungary, from where it provides a wide range of consultancy, support and trouble-shooting activities to eastern Europe.
- Chief Executive: Steven Walker
- Director - Science: Martin Hall
- Head of Membership & Training: Bertrand Emond
- Commercial Director: Jeremy Davies
- Head of Production & Processing Research: Dr Leadley
There are no machinery descriptions registered for this organisation
There are no overseas Rep descriptions registered for this organisation
There are no UK Rep descriptions registered for this organisation
There are no trade names descriptions registered for this organisation