RIVERSIDE MEDICAL PACKAGING COMPANY LTD
Riverside Medical Packaging has established itself at the forefront of the healthcare industry. Increasingly developing intelligent and innovative solutions to satisfy the demanding requirements for producing, packing and sterilising single use medical devices. The Shawpak Thermoforming range is the latest exciting offering from Riverside's state of the art 2500sq metre manufacturing facility. This has been tailor-made specifically for the manufacture of medical packaging, machinery and products. It houses 8 Cleanrooms (two Class 8 and six Class 7), each being either process or product specific. These superb manufacturing cells, BSI accreditation to ISO 13485:2003 and a creative R&D team enables the provision of a diverse, innovative, quality, range of high performance products at an economical price - regardless of quantity. Riverside manufacture peel pouches and sachets, processing some of the most advanced packaging materials available to the industry to meet specific product or customer requirements. The injection moulding of products and components and the assembly and contract packing of a multitude of medical devices demonstrate the variety of activities carried out at the Derby site. A validation team, in-house design, machine manufacturing and a superb engineering and tool making capability support these products and services.
- CEO: David Shaw
- Managing Director: Matthew Roe
- Sales Director: Neil Riddolls
- Works & Engineering Director: Alan Wade
- Quality Manager: Clive Thornley
- Sales & Marketing Director - Shawpak Tony Crofts
- Shawpak Thermoforming Machine:
- Unique rotary thermoforming machines. Portable, flexible, efficient and very competitively priced the shawpak machine has no waste on flexible blisters and very little waste on rigid die cut blisters. Its ability to process many wide ranging materials is second to none with output cycle speeds up to 25 per minute on flexible packs. The compactness of the machine and its true portability are unlike any other thermoformer currently available!
- Shawseal TS2 Pouch Sealer (UK):
- Touchscreen pneumatic sealers with highly accurate control over pressure, temperature & dwell. Wide choice of seal configurations, PIN controlled setting and data log capability. Made in U.K.
- Tray/Blister Sealer:
- Three sizes available with seal areas from 350mm x 350mm to 350mm x 700mm. Touch screen technology with PIN controlled setting.
- Peel Pouches & Sachets:
- Riverside supply a bespoke pouch and sachet manufacturing service. Virtually any size of pouch utilising a wide range of high quality laminates, papers, Tyvek & films. All pouches are manufactured in our ISO 14644 Class 8 cleanroom.
- Contract Packing & Device Manufacture:
- Contract packaging and contract manufacture of a variety of medical devices from wound care products through to complex procedure kits and Class III implants. All packing and manufacturing is carried out in one of our 8 bespoke ISO 14644 Cleanrooms.
- Validation Service:
- Riverside offers a comprehensive validation service to its customer base covering global regulatory requirements. Primarily focusing on Packaging and Sterility Validation, however a validation service tailored to customer needs can also be provided.
- Injection Moulding:
- Both cleanroom and non-cleanroom injection moulding on equipment ranging from 35 to 160 tonnes.
- AMD (Aseptic Medical Devices Ltd):
- AMD supplies a range of medical devices in a format designed specifically for the production of aseptically manufactured pharmaceuticals.
- We have representatives globally:
- Please contact the UK office for your local sales office.
Companies represented in the UK
- Medipack AG:
- Universal heat-sealing machines with high control comfort to sealing pre-formed Trays (Blister) with die-cut lids made of Tyvek, Medical paper or laminates.