SEALPAC UK LTD
We are now Sealpac UK & Partners – Over 30 years’ experience
Sealpac UK & Partners offers bespoke, full line solutions designed to future-proof your operations and keep up with customer demands. We focus on carbon neutral solutions that are based on the three core principles of the circular economy: reduction, reuse and recycling.
To ensure our customers invest in the right equipment, we deliver and project manage the installation of the full production line – from packaging to weighing/processing to end of line inspection and QA.
We are exclusive distributors in the UK for our key Partners, including:
- Sealpac (Tray sealers and Thermorformers),
- Cabinplant (weighing and packaging),
- Raytec Vision (optical sorters)
- Pulsotronic (end of line quality control)
Sealpac UK & Partners reduce plastic for the last 4 years
At Sealpac UK & Partners, we have strategically focused on reducing plastic for the last two years by focusing on carbon neutral solutions for our customers. We have tried and tested solutions that help our existing Sealpac customers to keep up with today’s customer demands.
We have 4 pioneering plastic-reducing and recyclable solutions within one Sealpac tray sealer:
1. Easylid ® – specific for delicate food and provides savings across the entire chain
2. 75% reduced plastic by using Flatskin ®,vs. alternative leading packaging solution
3. 100% recyclable – Monoplastic trays can be placed in every day household recycling
4. 75% reduction over plastic and 100% recyclable – Foil can also be used on a Sealpac machine
“The biggest change in the last 10 years is roughly 60%-70% reduction in the thickness and volume of materials. The quality of trays has exponentially improved – and this means an increased need for accurate and high-quality tray sealing equipment. Thankfully, with a Sealpac machine, we have already been supporting the Circular Economy for the last 4 years and we are able to keep up with emerging packaging solutions.”
– Kevin Witheford, Managing Director
Based on 2019 customer data, we have:
- Our first customers report Sealpac machines still function at optimal levels 15 years later
- 60% less engineering call outs due to preventative maintenance
- 23% savings on labour costs
- 20% less spent on spares
- Continuing Professional Development training to upskill staff
- Provision of after-sales service contracts to minimise downtime
“Since mid-2016, we have implemented the SEALPAC UK preventative service package. A recent internal review carried out by ourselves has highlighted that the service costs have nearly been neutralised by the drop-in breakdown repair/parts costs. The impact on the business is that downtime on the machines has become minimal to insignificant.” - Existing Customer of 10 years.
- Managing Director: Kevin Witheford
- Sales Director: Kevin Jones
- Finance and HR Manager: Mark Parris
- Product Manager: Gary Tufnell
- Technical Manager: John Lennon
- Service Coordinator: Katie Hibbs
- Tray Sealers:
- Comprehensive range of tray sealers from semi automatic, medium and high speed machines. Compatible with board, plastic, foil, pulp and bio materials. Applications include seal only, MAP, Tray Skin, product protrusion, flat board, inside cut and outside cut. Vacuum pumps, gas mixers and thermal transfer coding available.
- Comprehensive range of thermoformers from start up to high speed machines. Applications include seal only, MAP, vacuum packing and profile cutting. Vacuum pumps, gas mixers and coding available.
- Multihead Weighing:
- Cabinplant is a world leading provider of tailor-made processing and weighing/handling solutions. Reduce labour and product give away.
- Xray Inspection systems:
- Xray and vision inspection for all product inspection upstream on open product before sealing and sealed packs at end of line for quality control.
Xray checks all foreign bodies from fine fish bone to metal, glass plastic and ceramics. Vision and seal inspection, top and bottom of packs. OEE reporting. Traceability software.
- Labelling Systems:
- A full range of label applicators are available for end of line applications. On line coding available.
- Project Management:
- Complete line management including line layouts, Installation, training and system integration. Line control software packages available.
- Service Support and Training:
- Training for operators, Supervisors and technicians on site or at Sealpac offices. 24 hours spares and spares packages available.
- New Product Development:
- Development and delivery of new machine and application requirements with customers. Food technology resource available.
There are no overseas Rep descriptions registered for this organisation
Companies represented in the UK
- Sealpac GmbH:
- Tray sealers, Denesters, Pack Inspection, Thermoformers, filling equipment, lidders.
- Processing and weighing/handling solutions.
- Sapphire Inspection Systems:
- Xray for product and packaging inspection systems.
- ELS Labelling Systems:
- Labelling systems.
- High speed skewers, meat processing.
- Sealpac GmbH
- Sapphire Inspection Systems