VALCO MELTON UK
Established in 1952, Valco Melton is one of the world's leading manufacturers of adhesive dispensing machinery and electronic quality monitoring systems across the packaging, paper converting, graphic arts and nonwoven industries.
Valco Melton specializes in the manufacturing, packaging and sealing of items such as corrugated boxes and cartons across more than 12 markets.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, with research, distribution and manufacturing facilities throughout the USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe, China and India, Valco Melton offers world class dispensing systems and quality inspection solutions to customers from over 76 countries across the globe.
- UK Sales Manager: Mat Garner
- Sales Engineer, UK North: Ian Hewitt
- Chairman, CEO: Greg Amend
- Cold Glue Application Systems:
- Since 1952, Valco Melton has been a leading supplier of cold glue adhesive dispensing systems for industrial applications, including boxes, cartons, packaging and coatings.
- Hot Melt Application Systems:
- Valco Melton offers a comprehensive selection of hot melt systems, spare parts and support equipment to the converting industries.
- All-Electric EcoStitch™ Gluing Technology:
- Designed to operate in industrial hot melt applications, with a special focus on the food & beverage industries, Valco Melton’s EcoStitch™ technology ensures your cartons are glued more efficiently, more effectively and with much greater consistency. Featuring a hot melt applicator, a valve driver and an adhesive melter, the all-electric triad allows the manufacturing process to run without downtime and needless parts changes due to wear items.
EcoStitch™ guns offer fast cycle rates, long service life, and hard evidence to support adhesive savings of up to 70% by working in a dot mode glue pattern. Additionally, the use of less moving parts results in a reduction of up to 95% in maintenance downtime.
- EcoStitch MXM Valves:
- The EcoStitch MXM electric valve is used for many different applications, most notably in the packaging industry, where production uptime is essential and adhesive savings ROI is paramount.
EcoStitch™ technology offers an intelligent solution for electric hot melt application, with hard evidence to support adhesive savings of up to 70% by working on dot mode, and less downtime with a 95% reduction in maintenance. As the packaging industry feels pressure to reduce its overall carbon footprint, all electric systems are an attractive solution.
The MXM electric valve can operate at extremely high speeds reaching 15,000 cycles per minute for short bursts and have a lifetime capable of more than 2 billion cycles depending on operating conditions. The MXM is compatible with viscosities ranging up to 7,000cps and with operating temperatures up to 400 degrees F.
- PackChek | Hot Melt Inspection for End-of-Line Packaging:
- PackChek camera inspection system analyzes thermal and visual images of every package to ensure proper hot melt application in real time. With current line speeds exceeding 300 feet per minute and up to 10,000 cases per hour, PackChek is ideal for high-speed cartoners, case sealers and even wrap around machines.
PackChek inspects the entire case, after the flaps are closed, to ensure correct hot melt placement, compression and case integrity. It has been designed to catch three main types of defects:
• Missing glue beads
• Weak glue beads
• Out of position glue beads
When one bead, or a combination of beads, does not meet a requirement (predetermined tolerance levels configured by the user), outputs can be configured to stop the machine, eject a case, or sound an alarm.
- Pneumatic Hot Melt Applicators:
- Increase your production capabilities and product success with Valco Melton’s comprehensive range of hot melt glue guns, designed to satisfy all application requirements in the packaging industry. An array of dispensing modules can be included in either a single or multi-module configuration. The applicator’s body design and the module configuration will vary depending on the specific requirements for each application.
Specific configurations include our ME Double Effect Applicators, MK-F Insulated Double-Effect Applicators, MZ Spray Guns with Air Heater, MF Applicators with Integrated Filter or LP Series Low Profile Applicators, as well as our MS Series of modular guns for standard applications.
- Melton on Demand Electric Kube:
- Improve production efficiency by eliminating adhesive degradation problems with the Kube technology, an enclosed system with integrated autofeeder that prevents dirt and debris from getting in the melt tank, thus eliminating plugged nozzles. Melt on demand technology promotes adhesive stability and reduces char by only melting adhesive as needed.
This system features an assortment of adhesive applicator and spare part options, which are fully compatible with market standards. Multiple machine mount configurations optimize adhesive dispensing performance while using any adhesive brand, making the Kube an ideal solution for any case and carton sealing application.
An all-electric alternative is available with eKube. This system guarantees a constant, pulse-free adhesive flow with the electric-driven gear pump, designed to operate at peak performance with virtually no maintenance throughout the melter’s life cycle. When used in combination with the EcoStitch™ all-electric hot melt applicator, packagers can benefit from additional savings including a reduction of up to 75% in adhesive usage, as well as the elimination of maintenance stops caused by pneumatic elements.
- Automatic Hot Melt Feeding Systems:
- Automatic adhesive filling systems are self contained, controlled systems that administer the level of hot melt adhesive in the melt tank without line operator or maintenance staff intervention to save time and avoid additional labour costs. These systems feature a venture vacuum that automatically pulls the “chip” adhesive from an adhesive bin, through a feeding tube and into the hot melt reservoir.
- Melters | Hot Melt Tanks:
- Valco Melton offers a wide range of piston and gear pump units to cover a variety of gluing industry applications. Each unit has been tailored to meet special temperature, tank size, and operation requirements.
Based on your application’s requirements, hot melt units should incorporate either a piston pump (pneumatic) or a gear pump. Piston pumps are primarily used in packaging applications where high adhesive output and pressure are needed. Gear pumps are more suitable for applications involving high viscosity adhesives and/or where there is a requirement for a very controlled and metered adhesive output.
- Valco Melton (World Headquarters):
- Cincinnati, USA +1 513-874-6550 email@example.com
- Valco Melton Spain (Euro Headquarters):
- Orcoyen, Spain +34 948 321 585 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valco Melton Germany (Valco Cincinnati GmbH):
- Düsseldorf, +49 211 984 798-0 email@example.com
- Valco Melton France:
- Valence, France +33 (0) 220.127.116.11.73 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valco Melton Italy:
- Brescia, Italy +39.030.2732544 email@example.com
- Valco Melton Hungary:
- Budapest, Hungary +36 1214 4705 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valco Melton Benelux:
- Nieuw Vennep, the Netherlands +31.252.673 673 email@example.com
- Valco Melton China (Valco Xiamen Import & Export, Ltd.):
- Xiamen, Fujian, China +86.592.591.7854 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valco Melton India:
- Bangalore, India +91.80.28602821 email@example.com
- Valco Melton USA West Coast:
- Petaluma, CA +1 707-285-3392 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valco Melton Poland:
- Siechnice, Poland +48 71 889 04 50 email@example.com
- Valco Melton Mexico:
- Mexico D.F., Mexico +52.55.6278.1727 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valco Melton Turkey:
- Istanbul, Turkey, +90 212 327 99 71 email@example.com
- Valco Melton UAE:
- Sharjah, UAE, +971.521305960 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valco Melton Singapore:
- Singapore, +65 850 95355 email@example.com
Companies represented in the UK
- Valco Melton USA:
- Cold glue and hot-melt adhesive dispensing systems. Quality inspection systems. Engineered products.
- Valco Melton Spain:
- Hot-melt adhesive dispensing systems, equipment and spare parts. Engineered products.
- Electric Kube(TM)
- Fluid Kinetics(TM)