VOLKMANN UK LTD
Anglo Office Park
- Managing Director: Mike Walker
Volkmann GmbH is based in Soest in Westphalia and was founded in 1973 by Jürgen and Ingrid Volkmann as a consulting company for production automation. The company started in the early years with applications within vacuum technology. Own ideas and developments such as the patented „Säuferbalken“® (combined vacuum stripping process for drying belt surfaces and for liquid recovery in mills) and the patented Multijector® (special construction form of a multi-stage ejector vacuum pump operated by compressed air) made the company a partner driven by ideas and application technologies for customers from widespread branches of industry.
Thilo Volkmann now heads the company since 1991 and is the second generation. Today, Volkmann is a specialist in the transport and handling of bulk materials. In particular, Volkmann offers customers from the Chemical, Food Processing and Pharmaceutical Industry class leading standards as well as individually planned and produced systems for the safe, hygienic and user-friendly handling of powders and bulk materials. Thanks to a professional and creative team, Volkmann consistently produces new and better solutions for itself and its customers which can be manufactured with the company’s modern machinery and lean manufacturing principles Today, Volkmann employs nearly 100 employees and operates subsidiaries in Great Britain, France and the USA. Volkmann is internationally present in many countries with local agencies.
- Vacuum Conveyors:
- Compressed air driven vacuum conveyors for the pneumatic transport of powders, granules, tablets among other bulk products with accompanying accessories including sack loading stations and batch weighing/dosing.
- is a family owned company which has been operating for over 40 years. Today, Volkmann employs over 100 employees and operates subsidiaries in Great Britain, France, the USA and Japan. Volkmann is internationally present in many countries with local agencies.
Volkmann offers customers, from various industries, class leading standards as well as individually planned and produced systems for the safe, hygienic and user-friendly handling of powders and bulk materials through the use of compressed air driven vacuum conveying equipment.
This vacuum technology operates in contrast to mechanical conveyors and offers numerous advantages:
- Reliable - no wear and minimal maintenance as a result,
- Safe - elimination of potential sources of ignition (ATEX),
- Throughout the entire process - dust free, gentle dense- and plug-flow transfer,
- Hygienic - quick cleaning when changing products,
- Efficient - simple, compact and light systems, also suited to mobile use.
- VS Series:
- These vacuum conveyors are designed as a modular system to allow for task-specific configuration of the equipment. They are simple and quick to dismantle, without the need for tools, to allow for good access to all components for cleaning.
- PPC Series:
- These vacuum conveyors are designed specifically for applications that require maximum quality on the product contact surfaces. They are characterised by their single-piece, electro-polished construction and are primarily used in the pharmaceutical and pigment processing industries.
- INEX Conveyors:
- These specialised systems are designed to be used in hazardous processing installations, such as loading solvent filled reactor vessels, they utilise Nitrogen gas to help purge out Oxygen (down to below about 6%) and use a completely pneumatic controller to provide a safe system. This enables bulk products to be transferred in all dust and gas explosive zones (ATEX).
- Weighing and Dosing:
- Using a VS or PPC conveyor various batch weighing and dosing systems are available. This is combined with a Volkmann designed and made controller to allow for easy operator interaction.
- Other equipment:
- Volkmann also supplies complimenting accessories to work in combination with their vacuum conveyors. These include:
- product pick up and diluting elbows to connect up with a current bulk container,
- suction lances for operator controlled product pick-up,
- sack loading, rip and tip, stations for the unloading of bags and sacks,
- bulk bag unloaders for handling large flexible intermediate bulk containers.
- Technical support and bespoke systems:
- With our knowledge of bulk product handling spanning over 40 years, Volkmann has a good understanding of vacuum conveying various products and can draw on the vast experience within the company to be able to provide the customer with good technical support.
Alongside this is our in-house test-center to help trial installations to better understand what requirements are needed.
With our in house design and manufacturing teams, Volkmann is able to customise standard systems to better fit with customer installation requirements.
There are no overseas Rep descriptions registered for this organisation
Companies represented in the UK
- Volkmann GmbH, Germany:
- Manufacturer and European/World sales of vacuum conveying equipment and accessories.
There are no trade names descriptions registered for this organisation