WOOD AUTONOMOUS SYSTEMS
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services in energy, industry, and the built environment. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas; power & process; environment and infrastructure; clean energy; mining; nuclear and general industrial sectors.
Wood’s Systems Division has a unique expertise in integrating robots and special purpose machines to provide turnkey automation solutions. We provide our multi-faceted capabilities to numerous industries and applications.
The systems division specialises in the bespoke design and manufacture of ‘special purpose machinery’ and its integration with new and existing equipment. Our dedicated systems division has mechanical and control system engineers with years of experience in machinery design to provide robotic and automated product handling solutions across a broad range of industries.
All automated systems are risk assessed and designed with the appropriate safeguarding measures that suit the process and the machine. Our systems are fully CE marked and
delivered with the required declarations of conformity or integration complying to The Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations.
- Sales Director EAAA: Tony Cole
- General Manager - Systems: Andy James
- We have a range of simulation solutions, which can be utilised at various stages of a project, including a Virtual Commissioning suite that has been developed in-house and is now stipulated by leading manufacturers as part of the project lifecycle. Discrete Event Simulation and Offline Robot Programming are also available to optimise and de-risk processes.
- Proof of Principle Contracts:
- We de-risk key areas of complex automated machinery by building and developing sections of the system that contain either new technology or a new process never before used. This forms part of the de-risking process that may be conducted before final system design and build.
- Standalone Robotic and Automation Cells:
- Wood’s Systems Division supplies turnkey automation cells often utilising single or multiple robots. Wood has extensive experience with a wide variety of robot manufacturers and industries.
- Interfacing with Existing Machinery and Conveyors:
- We are experienced in delivering automation solutions that interface with existing machinery and conveyors. Whether it is automating upstream or downstream of existing machinery and conveyors, we can offer a solution to optimise your process.
- Special Purpose Machinery Design:
- We have an engineering team with extensive knowledge and experience in the design and manufacture of bespoke machinery and robot handling solutions for a wide variety of industry sectors. From the assembly of consumer products and medical devices to automotive assembly, the machinery will be designed to suit your requirements and optimise your process.
- Vision Inspection Systems:
- Vision systems can be integrated into automated solutions for various purposes. Vision can be used to identify incoming parts and communicate their positions to robots for picking. Validation of assembly processes utilises vision systems to confirm parts are correctly assembled.
- Bespoke Robot End Effector Design:
- Wood designs and builds bespoke robot end effectors in-house to suit your application. We have experience in end effector design for a wide variety of industry sectors including medical device, automotive, food and industrial assembly applications.
- Robot Programming:
- Specialists in robot integration and programming, including the latest in offline programming and commissioning techniques.
- Electrical Design Installation and Commissioning:
- Electrical control and power systems for machinery and materials handling systems.
- Approved Systems Integrators:
- Siemens, ABB, Rockwell, Schneider, Panduit and Tamco certified.
- Control Solution Design:
- Conceptual, functional and detailed design of hardware and software systems.
- Control Panel Manufacture & Assembly:
- Electrical control panel design, manufacture, assembly and testing.
- Electrical Installation:
- Machine wiring and electrical installation of control systems.
- Control Systems Upgrades:
- Control system upgrades to utilise manufacturer's latest equipment (eg Siemens S5 to S7 PLC conversions).
- Electrical Safety Solutions:
- Specialists in machine and systems safety to comply with the latest EU regulations.
There are no overseas Rep descriptions registered for this organisation
There are no UK Rep descriptions registered for this organisation
- Automated Technology Group