Businesses and investors are being urged to get ready for changes to the UK’s strengthened national security regime which will commence fully on 4 January 2022. The full press release can be found here
There are 4 forms of guidance to assist businesses, investors and advisors in understanding and meeting the requirements of the NSI Act ahead of its commencement:
- NSI Act Overview: prepare for new rules about acquisitions which could harm the UK’s national security
- How the National Security and Investment Act could affect people or acquisitions outside the UK
- The National Security and Investment Act alongside regulatory requirements
- NSI Guidance for the Higher Education and Research-Intensive sectors
- For a link to the Act and other relevant documents please click here.
Notifiable Acquisition Regulations
A draft of notifiable acquisition regulations in the 17 sensitive areas of the economy has been published and can be found here.