The Brexit transition period has ended, and new rules are here. You must act now to keep your business moving.
On 31 December 2020, the UK left the EU customs union and single market and continues to enjoy a zero tariffs’ quota relationship with the EU as an independent trading nation.
Following the signing of the UK – EU Free Trade Agreement, there are new rules for businesses which came into force on 1 January 2021.
Your business needs to act now to comply with these new rules. If you do not take action, there is a risk your business operations will be interrupted.
These documents cover actions that businesses must take to ensure they are compliant with the new rules that have come into force.
Part A provides an overview of key actions for businesses as well as supporting guidance, helpline numbers and FAQs.
Part B lists the top five actions for businesses in each of the following sectors: Aerospace, automotive, chemicals, construction, consumer goods, electronics and machinery, life sciences, metals and materials, professional business services and retail.
- BRO briefing Part A – business actions by topic, support and guidance.
- BRO briefing Part B – top five action lists for 10 sectors
You should visit gov.uk/transition where you can use the checker tool to quickly identify the actions that your business needs to take. The checker tool will ask you questions about your business and provide all the information you need to be aware of such as new rules on:
- Importing and Exporting
- Moving goods to and from Northern Ireland including Trader Support Service
- Travelling abroad for work
- Hiring staff from the EU
You can help prepare your businesses for the new rules by using a number of support mechanisms provided by the Government:
- Sign up to receive updates on the specific actions you need to take once you’ve used the checker tool at gov.uk/transition
- Sign up to receive the regular Business Readiness Transition Bulletin – an email newsletter (also available in the PPMA members’ area) providing information on major announcements and recently published guidance
- BEIS webinars across a range of topics will be available on Gov.UK in January 2021. They will provide specific advice on how businesses can ensure they comply with the new rules.
There is also plenty of helpful resource information (incl. FAQs) relating to trade in the members’ login area of the PPMA Group website.