The Department for International Trade (DIT) has launched its new European Structural and Investment Fund (ESIF) for eligible SMEs in England*.
SMEs can now apply for a match-funded grant (subject to funding availability) of between £1,000 and £9,000 that can be used, be not limited to, the following:
- Market research
- IP advice
- Translation services
- International social media/ SEO
- Trade fairs (where no Tradeshow Access Programme funding is available)
- Independent market visits
- Consultancy and other international commercial services
The amount that an eligible company can receive is subject to the funding availability per Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) in England, which excludes Cornwall and the Isles of Silly.
Successful applicants will typically receive between 50-60% of the total cost (within the allocation of the grant), which is paid retrospective of the work/service.
Is your business eligible?
- The company must be a small or medium sized enterprise (SME) with up to 250 employees
- No more than 25% of the business is owned by an enterprise which is not a SME
- Annual turnover does not exceed €50 million or annual balance sheet does not exceed €43 million
Express your interest in funding
If you are an SME in England and are looking for support from DIT’s Internationalisation Fund, please complete the short online form via the link below.
Please include details of your business and a DIT representative will get in touch with you shortly.
For any other enquiries, contact your independent trade advisor (ITA) c/o your local trade office, here.