TXM Lean Solutions acknowledges that the current COVID-19 crisis has stress-tested many businesses and highlighted the underlying vulnerabilities in operations and supply chains.
It's recognised that many businesses are struggling to keep up; their efficiency is falling, and their supply chains are failing them, which prompted the company to produce its Accelerated Productivity Programme (APP) to help businesses quickly and efficiently scale up production and enable their supply chain to meet demand.
So, what is the APP?
The concentrated TXM intervention is specifically targeted on safely increasing output of quality products and services in your business. It can be targeted at a single product, a group of products or a process (e.g. warehouse picking and packing). The aim is practical application of Lean Thinking by expert TXM coaches to accelerate your increased throughput.
What Does it Cover?
The APP will look at every aspect of your planned increase in throughput. This will include:
- Design of production and warehouse workflows to meet target outputs
- Workforce planning and organisational design
- Layout of production lines, warehouses and other facilities where you plan to do the work
- Supply chain optimisation to ensure that your inventory and replenishment processes and your suppliers can meet the increased demand
- Development of standard work and new employee induction procedures for the new processes
How long will it take?
TXM’s standard APP takes five weeks from start to finish. However, shorter programmes are available depending on your need.
Does it replace your existing or planned lean programme?
The APP is a targeted programme aimed at a specific outcome – rapidly increasing businesses throughput of a key product or service. It is not an overall Lean operating system deployment. It can also be deployed within the framework of businesses existing TXM system, if they have one.
How does it work?
A skilled TXM practitioner works with an internal task force within a business in a series of rolling improvement “blitz” workshops to rapidly drive improvement.