The UK Government’s SME Brexit Support Fund is now (as of 15 March 2021) open for applications.
If you are a UK-based SME with up to 500 employees and no more than £100 million annual turnover, you can apply for grants of up to £2,000 to help you adapt to new customs and tax rules when trading with the EU.
The £20 million fund enables traders to access practical support, including training for new customs, rules of origin and VAT processes.
What grants are available through the grant scheme?
Businesses can apply for up to £2,000 in total through two types of grants:
- Grant for Training: The grants can be used to provide training on the following:
- How to complete customs declarations
- How to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems
- Specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin
- Grant for Professional Advice: The grant can be used to get professional advice, so your business can meet its customs, excise, import VAT or safety and security declaration requirements.
Check your eligibility here.
To register for a grant, click here.